Become a Member
If you like what you see, why not come to a meeting. Visitors are welcome to come to two meetings or stitch-ins before becoming a member. All levels of skill are welcome, beginner to expert. Be prepared to expand your horizons!
Monthly General Meetings: 3rd Wednesday, 9:00 to noon, September to May, in the 2nd floor Community Room at the Real Canadian Superstore, 769 Borden Avenue (Lansdowne Place), Peterborough. This is where the program is introduced, work begun and information shared.
Monthly Stitch-ins: 1st Wednesday, 9:00 to 12:00 noon at the Real Canadian Superstore; 2nd Wednesday, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., September to June (member’s home); 3rd Wednesday, noon to 3:00 p.m. (which follows immediately after our monthly general meeting at the Real Canadian Superstore ); and 4th Wednesday, 9:00 to 12:00 noon at the Real Canadian Superstore. This is where we work on current pieces, ask for help, visit the library, or just enjoy the ambiance.
Summer Stitch-ins: Held in members’ homes throughout the summer, generally on a Wednesday, generally all day, but not always.
Benefits of Membership
- Membership in the national Embroiderers’ Association of Canada, Inc and chapter membership in the provincial Ontario Network of Needleworkers
- Subscription to EAC’s magazine Embroidery Canada
- Access to EAC individual and group correspondence courses and the EAC library
- Eligibility to attend and/or show work at the annual EAC Seminar, featuring world renowned fibre art and needlework teachers
- Access to an extensive Guild reference library, including two excellent magazines from Britain – Stitch with the Embroiderers’ Guild and Embroidery, as well as the ONN newsletter ONN-Line
- Explore your favourite needlework technique or learn a new one, or two
- Meet and socialize with others who share your passion for hand work
- All of this, as well as the diverse yearly program offered by the Embroiderers’ Guild of Peterborough, for only $75 per year