Become a Member
If you like what you see, why not come to a meeting. Visitors are welcome to come to two meetings or stitch-ins before becoming a member. All levels of skill are welcome, beginner to expert. Be prepared to expand your horizons!
Monthly General Meetings: 3rd Wednesday, 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., September to May, at the Westdale United Church, 1509 Sherbrooke St, Peterborough, Ontario. This is where the program is introduced, work begun and information shared.
Monthly Stitch-ins: To be announced – This is where we work on current pieces, ask for help, visit the library, or just enjoy the ambiance.
Summer Stitch-ins: Held in members’ homes throughout the summer, generally on a Wednesday, generally all day, but not always.
Benefits of Membership
- Membership in the national Embroiderers’ Association of Canada, Inc and chapter membership in the provincial Ontario Network of Needleworkers
- Subscription to EAC’s magazine Embroidery Canada
- Access to EAC individual and group correspondence courses and the EAC library
- Eligibility to attend and/or show work at the annual EAC Seminar, featuring world renowned fibre art and needlework teachers
- Access to an extensive Guild reference library, including two excellent magazines from Britain – Stitch with the Embroiderers’ Guild and Embroidery, as well as the ONN newsletter ONN-Line
- Explore your favourite needlework technique or learn a new one, or two
- Meet and socialize with others who share your passion for hand work
- All of this, as well as the diverse yearly program offered by the Embroiderers’ Guild of Peterborough, for only $75 per year