I completed this project instead of a Biscornu (our Summer/Fall 2021 Programme) because I have done several already.
I found this pattern on Pinterest and it took me to. https://st.stranamam.ru where I was able to download the pattern. It came with good instruction and all the patterns for the 26 blocks.
The ball is stitched on 28count even weave linen and the threads are Weeks Dye Works colour 2266 and DMC red 321. When all the stitching was finished I then stitched each half of the ball together. I then started stitching the two halves together. At one point, before it was finished, I took a child’s ball, cut a slit in it and placed some broken shells in it. I then wrapped it in yarn and some batting and placed it in the ball so it makes a rattling sound. I then added more batting and continued stitching and adding batting as needed to make a nice round ball that was not too hard.
Now this gift I was going to give our new great niece; I don’t want to part with so I guess we will have to come up with something else to give this new family member.